Allocation of graduate accommodation
Applying for accommodation
All graduate applicants who are offered a place at Hertford (either conditional or unconditional) are asked if they wish to be considered for graduate accommodation. When offer letters are sent to applicants, they are given a link to the Graduate Accommodation Application Form. Once the form is completed, applicants will be contacted by email to confirm that it has been received and to explain the next steps in the process.
In the interests of ensuring that as much space as possible is allocated to the students most in need of support (irrespective of the point in the cycle at which they apply), we allocate small numbers of rooms on a monthly basis throughout the application cycle. The categories of offer-holder we consider priorities (in the order given below) are as follows:
- those with disabilities or other special requirements which would make it hard to find suitable private, rented accommodation at short notice.
- those intending to come to Oxford for the first time for graduate study who have no previous experience of the UK.
- those with previous experience of the UK education system who have already met the academic conditions of their offer and have submitted their financial declaration.
- those with previous experience of the UK education system who have already met the academic conditions of their offer but have not yet submitted their financial declaration.
- those with previous experience of the UK education system who have yet to meet their academic conditions and who have not yet submitted their financial declaration.
The college will allocate a number of rooms on the following dates:
- Wednesday 2 May
- Friday 1 June
- Tuesday 3 July
Shortly after each allocation date, you will be contacted either to confirm that a room has been allocated to you, or to check that you wish your application to be considered again in the next release of rooms. If at any point you decide to withdraw your application and make your own arrangements for accommodation, please let us know at accommodation [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
Please note: When you receive an offer of a room, it will not be confirmed until a deposit of £400 has been received by the college Bursary. The deposit must be paid within 7 days of receipt of the offer of accommodation or the room will be reallocated. This deposit is refundable in the event that you do not meet the conditions of your offer (either academic or financial), however a fee of £250 shall be retained should you subsequently decide to take up alternative accommodation prior to the start of your course. Should you meet the conditions and take up the contract of accommodation, the deposit will be refunded at the end of your tenure.