This page is in the process of being updated. Please check regularly for updates.
Firstly, many congratulations on meeting your requirements for admission to College. We are looking forward to welcoming you as an undergraduate at Hertford when you arrive in October.
On this page you will find the information on joining and becoming part of the College. Below are several documents which require your attention in readiness for your arrival at Hertford (those which are not yet available will be added over the next few weeks). This information will be updated regularly.
What to do next:
We will contact you in August regarding several documents you will need to complete in advance of your arrival at Hertford. Once we do, you should return the following to us by post as soon as possible to College Office, Hertford College, Catte Street, Oxford, OX1 3BW:
- Your College contract - this should be returned to us by 29 August 2017 2017;
- Your University Card Form, with a passport-sized photo attached - it is important that we receive this in good time, so please return it to us by 29 August 2017 2017 at the latest (please see the related University terms and conditions here);
- Two passport-sized photographs in an envelope together. Please can you be sure to write your name on the envelope, and the backs of the photos themselves.
Please also complete online the Bedding order form (if required)
Once you have returned your student contract you will receive your University log-in details and instructions on how to register by email. Follow the instructions to verify these details in good time prior to your arrival, otherwise funding may be delayed. If your email address has changed since you applied and you have not yet informed us, please get in touch as soon as you can as we'll be sending important information out by email over August and September.
Please also see here for medical and welfare information, and to register online with the College Doctor.
- Notes for undergraduate freshers
- Freshers’ study guide
- College library guide
- Letter from the Development Office
- Room Licence
- Information for Members 2016 edition (2017 version available towards the end of September)
- Orientation Programme for European and international students. The Orientation Registration code is OP2017.
- MPLS Online Bridging Programme 2017 - this information applies to students embarking on studies in Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Engineering, Materials, Physics or Physics and Philosophy.
- University guide to opening a bank account
Sub fusc items can be purchased from various shops in Oxford:
If you have any queries, get in touch by college [dot] office [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (emailing us).
Sue Finch, Academic Administrator
Julia Howe, Deputy Academic Administrator