Junior Members of College may book certain rooms for meetings and events. Please read ‘Booking of Public Rooms by Junior Members’ which gives details of the rooms available and the rules attached to their use. Please note that any bookings which will involve external speakers or the attendance of members of the public (i.e. non-members of the University) must be discussed with, and authorised by, the Dean at least one month in advance. Anyone wishing to organise an external speaker event should first consult the External Speakers and Events Policy.
Outlined below is the sequence of steps you should follow in order to make a booking.
All Hall bookings need to be discussed with the catering [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (Catering Manager) before a room booking request is made. Permission must be obtained from the Dean according to the Public Room Request Procedure before bookings can be confirmed with catering. It is not normally possible to book the Hall, Ferrar Room, or Gilbert Library for drinks-only events. The Baring Room may not be used for University society drinks events. If the Baring Room is used for music practice this must finish by 9pm.
1. Find out from the online calendar if the room you wish to book is free (please be advised that in order to confirm the availability of the Hall, you should contact the Catering Services Manager directly, as some events may not appear on the calendar)
2. Complete the booking application form available from the Public Room Request Procedure page, and the Dinners in Hall form, where applicable
3. Email the form to the relevant authoriser(s)
4. You will receive confirmation by email
5. Any fees must be paid to the JCR or MCR prior to the event
6. For large events, you must discuss access with the Lodge Manager
7. If you need need AV please make sure you have booked it at least 24 hours before AV booking form
Useful email addresses
The Dean, Dr Woollard, dean [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
The Lodge, porters [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
The JCR Treasurer, joseph [dot] prince [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
The Catering Services Manager, Antony Barrett, antony [dot] barrett [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk
Fellows and lecturers may book teaching rooms directly online (password and username available from IT) or via the lodge. Members of academic staff and the Chaplain are responsible for risk-assessing their own events.
Fellows may book rooms in the old lodgings via SCR room booking.