Medical and welfare information for undergraduate freshers
All members of the College need to register with an Oxford doctor, and we strongly encourage all Hertford students to register with the College doctors, who are based at 28 Beaumont Street. If you chose to register with a different Oxford doctor, please contact the porters [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (Lodge) with their details by the end of the third week of Michaelmas Term.
To do - medical registration
The College Doctors will meet all undergraduate freshers at the College Doctor’s Surgery on the morning of Saturday 7th October. You also need to complete an online medical registration:
- Letter from the College Doctors - this includes details regarding online medical registration, which you should complete prior to your arrival in Oxford. You should complete this in addition to the in-person medical registration appointment with the College Doctors at the start of term.
Please read the below information, particularly regarding vaccinations required.
- Medical information: MMR and Meningitis C vaccinations - Please read this letter from the University and the College regarding immunisations. Information and advice is also available via Meningitis Now's Off to Uni campaign, which we recommend all new students look at.
- Health, disability, allergy, and vaccination guidance from the Welfare Coordinator.
- Medical information for international students.
- Cycling safety - further information can be found in this podcast.
- Students with a disability or specific learning difficulty are encouraged to contact the Disability Advisory Service, who are able to offer support and help set up special arrangements.