Management reunion: "The Future of...."
Join us for a celebration of Management at Hertford, when we will mark not only the 20th Anniversary of the first graduates of the BA in Economics and Management (E&M) and the Masters in Business Administration (MBA), but also celebrate those who've studied management here on other degrees too (DPhils, MScs and of course EEMs). And of course we'll also welcome alumni from other subjects too!
Our theme is The Future. We'll have sessions on the Future of Technology, the Future of Finance and the Future of Work, and we'll also be celebrating the many exciting achievements of the entrepreneurs in Hertford’s alumni community. Alumni and academics taking part in the day’s events include:
- Stephen DeBerry – Founder & CIO of Bronze Investments, the social impact investment company
- Sarah Hutton – HR Director for Western Europe at Coca-Cola
- Simon Gage – Director of the Edinburgh International Science Festival
- Adam Price – Founder & CEO of VouchedFor, the comparison site for Independent Financial Advisors
- Eamon Jubbawy – Co-Founder of Onfido, the identity verification start-up
- Professor Mike Wooldridge – Head of Computer Science at Oxford and expert in Artificial Intelligence
- Dr Elaine Heslop – Director of Custom Executive Education at Said Business School
- Dr Arhat Virdi – Hertford Lecturer and Teaching Fellow in Finance & Accounting at Said Business School
- Geetha Tharmaratnam – a private equity professional with more than 15 years experience, particularly in advising companies on environment, social and governance (ESG) performance.
And of course our very own Principal, Will Hutton, and Hertford’s Tutor for Management, Steve New.
The day's talks and discussions will be held in a marquee in OB quad, followed by drinks and dinner in Hall:
- Welcome tea & coffee from 2pm
- Talks start at 2.30pm (the panel discussions will each will last an hour, with a short break in between each session)
- Drinks from 6.30pm
- Dinner at 7.30pm
The college bar will be open afterwards.
For more details, and to book your place, RSVP using the link below. We hope to welcome you back in September!
For the drinks and dinner please RSVP by Sunday 10 September 2017. Unfortunately we are unable to make any refunds for cancellations after this date.
If you have any questions please email the Development Office or telephone us on 01865 279428.