Library & resources
Hertford members have access to the library 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The library is arranged across three floors and provides textbooks and journals, study spaces with network points, Wi-Fi and a computer room.
The library operates on a self-service basis. To borrow, scan your university card and the library barcode inside the book at the self-issue PC on the ground floor.
- Undergraduates can borrow books for 2 weeks.
- Postgraduates can borrow books for 4 weeks.
- Fines for overdue books are 10p per day.
- Books can be renewed and reserved on SOLO.
The Librarian is available from 09:00 to 17:00 each week day and is on hand to help you:
- Track down items on reading lists.
- Use online resources (ebooks, ejournals, databases etc).
- Cite material correctly to avoid plagiarism.
- Access other Oxford libraries.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or if would like 1-2-1/group support.
Please observe the following so that the library remains a pleasant place for all Hertford members:
- Don’t bring food into the library
- Drink bottled water only
- Switch phones to silent
- Keep conversations to a minimum
- Clear desks at the end of the day
- Don’t borrow books for someone else