Who are we looking for?
What kind of person enjoys being a visiting student here?
A visiting student who thrives at Hertford College
- is intellectually curious and enjoys asking “off the wall” questions
- is passionate about their chosen topic of study
- finds it fun to discuss and debate
- is highly self motivated and enjoys organising their own research time in libraries
- has a musical, theatrical, intellectual or sporting interest which they want to develop in one of Hertford’s or Oxford University’s many societies
- Is happy being out of their cultural comfort zone and is eager to explore
- enjoys meeting new people and joining in
If you think this describes you then why not think about applying as a visiting student?
Hertford College welcomes applications from universities with whom we have a partnership with. We do not accept individual applications.
Please refer to the page “Universities and Study Abroad Offices with whom we work” for further information.
Have a look at what some of our former visiting students have said about their time here to help you imagine what it might be like for you here?