Fees & finance
Hertford’s guiding principles
- Admission to Hertford is based on academic merit alone.
- No UK undergraduate should be deterred from applying to Hertford for financial reasons.
- All UK students who demonstrate need should be given financial support.
Principles in action
- Oxford University has one of the most generous packages of fee waivers and bursaries for undergraduate entry in 2015 compared with other English universities.
- Hertford has one of the most generous bursary schemes for undergraduate students. We also provide grants to those who experience unexpected financial hardship during their time in Oxford, and offer financial support for graduate study.
- Living costs at Hertford for both undergraduates and graduates are lower than many Oxford colleges. We provide accommodation for all years of undergraduate study at competitive prices. Meals are good value for money, provided on a pay as you go basis and invoiced termly in arrears.