We think Hertford can give you the best experience in the university. We offer:
- A city centre college with a socially progressive tradition
- A college with a history of academic success
- Small enough to be friendly, large enough to be diverse
- A generous bursary scheme so that financial considerations shouldn’t put you off from studying in Oxford
- A guarantee of college accommodation throughout your student career
- Tutors who are committed to teaching and are leading scholars in their field
- Excellent welfare support
Find out more about why people choose Hertford.
Life at Hertford
Hertford is an academic community of students and staff - but, for our students, it is also a home from home. You can live, eat, and socialise in college, where the Junior Common Room (for undergraduates) and the Middle Common Room (for postgraduates) organise different events in and beyond college. Music, sport and general sociability flourish at Hertford, and in addition, there are Oxford societies for everything from drama to tiddly-winks: now is your chance to volunteer with the Oxford Hub, or to take up fencing, or to have your own radio show. The college is a supportive environment, and we have a college nurse and a strong welfare team if you encounter problems during your time here.
Life after Hertford
Once a Hertfordian, always a Hertfordian: we encourage all who have been connected with the college to continue to take part in events and meetings, and to keep in touch with us and their peers. Current students can benefit hugely from contact with former students about careers beyond Hertford. Hertford students are everywhere - as teachers, diplomats, scientists, news journalists, carers, novelists, bankers, politicians, lawyers, publishers, entrepreneurs, surgeons, musicians, theatre directors, wine-makers.