Dr Radoslaw Zubek
Fellow and Tutor in Politics
University Lecturer in European Politics
Before joining Hertford College in 2009, Radoslaw worked at the London School of Economics and the University of Potsdam in Germany. Between 2004 and 2007, he was Research Director at Ernst & Young in Warsaw, Poland.
Radoslaw teaches undergraduate tutorials in Introduction to Politics, Comparative Government, and Politics in Europe.
Radoslaw is the Course Director of the MPhil in European Politics and Society. He also supervises research students in the general field of comparative European politics.
Radoslaw’s main research interests include the comparative study of executives and parliaments in Europe, Europeanization of domestic political institutions and national compliance with EU law.
He is currently leading a comparative research project on agenda-setting in European legislatures funded by the British Academy and the John Fell Fund. The project examines the practice of, and the institutional foundations for, negative and positive agenda control in 18 European parliaments.
- Radoslaw Zubek, Katarina Staronova 'Organizing for EU Implementation: the Europeanization of Government Ministries in Estonia, Poland and Slovenia', Public Administration (forthcoming).
- Radoslaw Zubek (2011) 'Negative Agenda Control and Executive-Legislative Relations in East Central Europe, 1997-2008', Journal of Legislative Studies, 17(2): 172-192.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2011) 'Core Executives and the Co-ordination of EU Law Transposition: Evidence from New Member States', Public Administration, 89(2): 433-450.
- Radoslaw Zubek, Christian Stecker (2010) 'Legislatures and Policy Uncertainty: Evidence from East Central Europe', Journal of Public Policy, 30(1): 63-80.
- Radoslaw Zubek, Klaus Goetz (2010) 'Performing To Type? How Government Institutions Matter in East Central Europe', Journal of Public Policy, 30(1): 1-22.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2008) 'Parties, Rules and Government Legislative Control in Central Europe: the Case of Poland', Communist and Post-Communist Studies, 41(2): 147-61.
- Klaus H. Goetz, Radoslaw Zubek (2007) 'Government, Parliament and Lawmaking in Poland', Journal of Legislative Studies, 13(4): 517-538.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2005) 'Complying with Transposition Commitments in Poland: Collective Dilemmas, Core Executive and Legislative Outcomes', West European Politics, 28 (3): 592-619.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2001) 'A Core in Check: The Transformation of the Core Executive in Poland', Journal of European Public Policy, 8 (6): 911-932.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2008) Core Executive and Europeanization in Central Europe, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Radoslaw Zubek and Klaus H. Goetz (eds.) (2010) Towards Effective Government? Institutional Performance in New EU Member States. Special issue of Journal of Public Policy, 30(1).
- Radoslaw Zubek (2009) 'Breaking with post-communism in Poland'. In Johannsen, L. and Pedersen, K. H. (eds.) Pathways: A Study of Six Post-Communist Countries, Aarhus: Aarhus University Press.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2008) 'Poland: From Pacesetter to Semi-Permanent Outsider?' in Dyson, K. (ed.) The Euro at Ten: Europeanization, Power and Convergence. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2006) 'Poland: Unbalanced Domestic Leadership in Negotiating Fit'. In Dyson, K. (ed.) Enlarging the Euro-Zone: The Euro and the Transformation of East Central Europe. Oxford University Press.
- Vesselin Dimitrov, Radoslaw Zubek (2006) 'Czech Republic: A Core Neglected', in Dimitrov, V. Goetz, K. H. and Wollmann, H., Governing after Communism: Institutions and Policy-making, Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Radoslaw Zubek (2006) 'Poland: A Core Ascendant?', in Dimitrov, V. Goetz, K. H. and Wollmann, H., Governing after Communism: Institutions and Policy-making, Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield.