IT at Hertford
Hertford College has excellent IT facilities for all members of the College. All student and academic rooms have access to the Internet (Users must complete an Internet Registration Form before network access is granted). There are also 7 computer labs, which are open 24 hours a day for student use. Wireless access is available in areas of the the college but we expect to roll out blanket coverage across the entire site in the near future.
There are 3 members of staff who work in the IT Office, which is located in the OB1 staircase. The office is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. Help is also available from the JCR computer rep paavan [dot] buddhdev [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (Paavan Buddhdev) and the MCR computer rep laura [dot] cimoli [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (Laura Cimoli)
The IT office provide the following support services throughout the college:
- Fixing laptops / desktop computers
- Backing up data
- Guidance on purchasing hardware and software
- Loan of AV equipment
- Installation of computing components
For more information see the User Support Service Catalogue
Listed below are the Oxford University Services, which are available:
- Oxford username | Your passport to accessing various online services.
- University IT services | IT services provided by the University.
- Email | The Oxford central email service.
- Connecting to Oxford | How to get connect to the University network (including remote access).
- Getting help | What to do when you need a helping hand.
- IT courses and self-teach materials | Improve your IT skills.
- Viruses | Protecting your computer from infection.
- Computer security | Keeping your computer and passwords secure.
- Local maps | Finding your way around the University and Oxford.
If there seems to be a problem in your room please fill this online form to report the problem or email help [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (For computing related problems) or telecoms [at] hertford [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk (For phone related problems)